Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Clarins Double Serum

I went to a Clarins counter today to stock up on my sunscreen.
(By the way, it's S$70+ but only $42 before sales tax here...)

I was a little disappointed with the tinted versions because in the US it comes in three shades: light, medium and dark. In Singapore, the tinted version is just a nice shade of pink that gives you a healthy pink glow after application.
I had no choice but to take the light, which is a light beige.

After that, my Clarins sales assistant promptly introduced the Double Serum to me. She said she was surprised that I hadn't heard of it before because it's been around for donkey (ok, she didn't use the word donkey) years. She said many of her Asian customers come by asking for this serum, but they were disappointed because the latest generation had not been launched in the US until very recently. So she was very excited that it's now launched and she said I MUST try it. According to her, the previous Double Serum was Generation 6 of the serum, and every time they have an improved formula, it becomes the next 'generation'. However, after 5 years of work on this version, they're so certain it's THE one, it's not been given a generation number on its bottle.

I was honestly very very very very VERYYYYYY reluctant to buy it. I have a brand new bottle of Estee Lauder's Advanced Night Repair waiting for me while I finish my existing bottle, and this has double hyaluronic acid that I already get from the Hada Labo lotion every day.... This isn't exactly cheap either.

I bought it anyway because the texture was really light and I thought I can use it in the day since I don't have any day serums. Hada Labo will now be demoted to night usage only.
Double HA + Super HA = disaster.

Now that I'm back in the hotel, I went to my makeup bible website and discovered that the reviews for this new Double Serum have been stellar. It seems to work for almost all reviewers, just like what the Clarins lady had told me. She was certain I'll love this product. I haven't even tried it so we'll just have to wait. But I'm truly excited just reading the reviews.

For more information on this product, click here.

As usual, Clarins is very generous with samples and I received four tubes and bottles of samples (tubes, not sachets) of other products that I've not used before.


0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang