Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Miri

I was in Miri over the weekend for the wedding of Alpha. It was the first time there for Markus and I, and boy did I fall in love with the city. Miri was lovely in every way. And so green too!

As for the wedding, it was an eye-opener. My friend's wife, half Kelabit and half Lun Bawang, has a massive family. We are talking several hundred members. And much to my amazement, they still hold on to their culture very strongly. The ten of us friends from Alpha's side, who went from KL and Singapore, were all in awe of the rich culture and language that is still being practised.

As a token of thanks we all received a big packet of highland rice (Bario rice), from the fields of Esther's relative, and also beaded necklaces for the guys and a hat for the girls. The beaded necklaces are beautiful! Every one wore some kind of bead necklace that signifies their position in a family. I received one too, as a souvenir from Alpha. The big ones are just so pretty. 

I love Miri and I do hope to go back again. Due to time constrains, I did not get the chance to visit the Mulu National Park. There will always be a next time!! 


-----------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, I am done with the flower painting for my house! Ta-da!

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang