MONEY.
One has been flying for 13 years? She bought a house not too long ago in Ampang. Another guy, FROM BATU PAHAT OMG HE LIVED SO CLOSE TO ME HE COULD HAVE BEEN A NEIGHBOUR, quite senior too, also bought a house not too long ago near the Carrefour (BP) area. Then there is me, also almost *there* now.
We were talking about how to make our moneys work for ourselves: insurance/unit trusts, investments (stocks/forex), FDs (I've a Westpac brochure in my handbag!), etc.
And was also given advice on what to do with my new place - check the plumbing, the wiring, the sewage, the water tanks, and then how to do the renovations... and a handy tip: have the curtains made in China.
My colleague got a quote from a local (BP) curtainmaker, which incidentally is the one my maternal grandmother loves and I'd say is rather atas, for his double-storey corner house (read: windows and more windows) and it was approximately RM15,000. In the end, he got everything done in Shanghai for just S$2,000.
What I've learned today got me rethinking my priorities. I think there's some shuffling and research to be done.
Also, time to set up a few accounts - not just bank accounts.
Ah the complexities of being an adult.
1 comments:
dont forget to share :]
Post a Comment