Monday, June 20, 2016

Thank you Dr. Beckmann

My heart stopped while hanging out my laundry. 

I'd done a load of laundry last night mainly for white and light coloured clothes. 

This morning I did another load with my uniform. While pulling out clothes from the laundry basket I noticed one white t-shirt (a favourite) and a white dress... I decided to take the chance and wash them with my uniform. My uniform is about 2 months old and I wasn't sure if the colour was still bleeding. For insurance (because of that white tee) I threw in not one but two colour-catcher sheets. 

When the washing was done, I had a shock of my life.
My colour-catcher sheets turned bright pink! 

First instinct was to find the culprit - what could have bled so much?! 

It was actually an old purple FCUK T-shirt that I hardly wore. By old I mean real old, like third-year Uni days kinda old. 

Next was to look for the whites - did they die in the process of washing? My heart was pounding because I haven't been able to find a white tee quite like the one that's in the washing machine. 

Guess what. 



Saved. 
Saved by the sheets. 
Not an ounce of pink or purple on the white dress and t-shirt. 
Phew

Moral of the story: everybody needs these sheets. You just never know when something in your load of laundry is gonna kill your favourite clothes. 

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang