Friday, January 30, 2009

A day in Paris

So today I was suppose to be walking around the city, basically hitting many of the landmarks and also taking the river cruise.

Plans changed a little (because I was suppose to only have a quick breakfast with Vanessa) when I met Jenny at the lobby and then headed for a french breakfast with Jenny herself, Vanessa, Captain Lim and his wife Janet opposite the Arc de Triomphe. Over that breakfast, Janet showed me something which threw my plans right out the window. :\

So I ended up shopping with them just along Champs Elysees and Avenue Montaigne. We spent easily an hour plus at LV because the longer we stayed, the more we bought. It's like A buys something so everyone waits for her and then B spots something and spends time playing around with the new love and we end up waiting for B while A has just finished paying up. Then A and C spot something each while waiting for B and then end up buying them.
Among the purchases made today (not mine) were a pair of Chanel shoes, an LV keychain, a Prada wallet, a limited edition LV pochette, gosh I don't even remember anymore. So many LVs...

My feet were aching like craaaaazzzzzyyyyy walking about so much in heels (they were already painful this morning from yesterday's walking). We skipped lunch and went for tea at Laduree along Champs Elysees, a stone's throw away from the LV store. Oooh the desserts were lovely and not to mention expensive. A macaron is 2 Euros :( It was merely tea for the 5 of us and it costed 87 Euros. I could go for hi-tea at Katerina Hotel (the infamous Batu Pahat hotel) everyday for a month and I will still be left with some of that money. To make things worse, my stomach was still empty after having only a tart and 2 macarons. Bah! After having all things sweet, we craved for something savoury so the first thing that came into mind was the Vietnamese restaurant's tomato fried rice. (This Viet restaurant is a crew joint near the hotel and its tomato fried rice is very popular.)

After merely 7 hours (my feet were calling for mercy!) we called it a day. And we walked only 2 streets (I think we only entered like, 6or 7 stores?? 7 freaking hours!). I love Paris hehe.

By the way, I can confirm that there is indeed a lot of sales going on. Shops just can't seem to clear their stocks.

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang