Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sunshiney Perth

Timothy wanted this post to be titled Dear Timothy Part II but I'm not gonna let him have it hahaha.

The flight to Perth was wonderful. :) The stay there was even better. There's so much sales still going on (I believe it's continuing from Boxing Day and post-NY Day) and there was so much to buy! The muscle ache I have on both arms is a direct result of all that shopping.

I waited for Timo to finish work on Friday and then picked me from my hotel to visit Cottlesloe beach. It was a beautiful day to be at the beach. Sunny, clear blue sky and a slight breeze blowing every now and then. He brought some food there as well. The waves were so nice and big but it was such a pity that I didn't have the proper attire to go down and play. And because no shorts were allowed in the hotel, I left the hotel in jeans - I was the weirdest person there that afternoon~






Timo: "Hey come come, I show you something... it tells you the time."







It shows 4.55 p.m. but it was actually 5.55 p.m. because of the daylight savings. Still, the designer's a genius.




And so we go down down down to the beach...



Blimey! Beach cricket!!



Timo laying out the beach mat.


I thought Timo would have waited for at least a hunk to be within frame before he took this shot.


Overexposed... so we tried again... with the Sun in front of us.





We were eating and happily chatting when I felt my skin burning up. Actually Timo had offered me sunblock in his car but I, trying not to be your typical Chinese girl, said no. I ended up having to use my handbag to protect my one arm half the time :(





Then this stupid seagull came near us. It stood there for a good 3-4 minutes, not moving more than 1 metre from our mat. It was eyeing our food but it was not wild enough like Cherating monkeys to snatch it right off your hand.






Being very patient.

The seagull got lucky. When Timo dropped a corn kernel a few feet away, it immediately went for it and had it between its beaks in just a blink of an eye! *in awe*

Timo tried to lure that same seagull with a sizeable chunk of food on his fork. The seagull refused to move any closer than it was. From that I gather seagulls are very proud birds and have gull dignity.



I couldn't take the heat anymore so I begged Timo to leave the beach and go have dinner. As we were walking towards the car, he told me that Cottlesloe beach was Heath Ledger's favourite beach. Incidentally, that day was 1 year and 1 day since his death. Creepy. Glad I was leaving the beach then.

So Timo drove back to the city and asked what I wanted for dinner. I thought we were going to have Japanese but somehow, when we arrived at Northbridge, we were thinking of what to have again and then I decided to go for Pancakes & Grill on James St. The reason I wanted pancakes was because the last two trips I really wanted to go to a pancake house in Perth but I never made it there.

This is Timo's crepe, which he loved and was extremely proud of how nice it looked.




And this was my dinner: Chocolate Jewels. I too loved it and was very proud of how good (and sinful) it looked.




Drenched with thick chocolate fudge.

But I'm guessing mine looked better because a lady passer-by actually stopped by my table to ask what was that I was having because it looked so good. ;)

As we had our dinner, a girl with a nice rear walked past and that changed our dinner topic to girls with nice derriere. I somehow brought up the name of one girl who was in our Uni. Timothy's chewing slowed down almost instantly and he was like, "Oh man... I think I just lost my appetite."

LMAO!

That was the exact reaction Kokum gave over dinner when I mentioned a nice rear and that girl's name in the same breath a long time ago.

At least Timo managed to slowly regain his appetite to finish his food, whereas Kokum did not. I believe my Engineering friends who are reading this might have a good guess of who this enchanting lady is.

Come to think of it, I've been having pancakes everytime I visit Perth. :S So boring right. I don't usually eat pancakes elsewhere but it seems like I always do in Perth. My first visit I had it for breakfast at Hungry Jacks, and Timothy mademe pancakes for breakfast the second time. And this time pancakes for dinner. Hmmm...

This pic is for all you Cheenas out there. :p Please, for God's sake, also park your cars properly in future!


1 comments:

TheGunner said...

Shucks, I'm about to have lunch, and I've just lost my appetite too. :\

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang