I was watching a movie onboard a flight two days ago, aptly named The Women. The movie seemed to be about the lives of four middle-aged best friends but it focused primarily on two of them - one of whose husband cheated on her with a VERY hot behind-the-counter salesgirl (Eva Mendez) and another whose job is being threatened by a younger colleague.
As I got to more than half the movie, I realised that there were no men in the movie! AT ALL (well maybe until the last 2 seconds of the movie)! It all started to seem weird. I didn't even see the shadow of the cheating idiot whose name kept getting mentioned throughout the movie and who also happens to set the plot for the movie. All I knew of him was that he was a well-dressed, balding businessman. I just got more and more uncomfortable once I realised that there were no men in the movie, not even in the background! In the streets, in the mall, it was just women.
The only male who made an exceptionally brief appearance was an infant -___- for a few seconds and that was the end of the movie.
It really bugged me a lot that the movie was all-women (yeah, feminists out there, sue me.). It made me wonder what if one day, my world were like that. *shudder*
Nevertheless, The Women is a pretty good chick-flick despite that one major shortcoming.
Coincidentally, just 2 nights before I saw this movie, my Captain was telling me that the post-war period in his birth-country of Serbia saw a huge decline in the male population (they died, doh) that women were actually fighting in the streets for men. The man to woman ratio back then was 1:14 and women had no choice but to fight for a man. Talk about animal instincts. He also told me that something pretty similar is happening in Ireland right now. The above-said ratio is 1:4 and it's actually very easy to get a girl(friend) there. This is a result of the males migrating to the Americas, Australia and other parts of the world to seek a better life, leaving such a disproportionate ratio of male and female behind.
So guys you know which country you should be at now...
Friday, January 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment