In my line of job, it is utmost necessary for a girl to protect herself. We deal with testosterone-charged males on such regular basis that it becomes mandatory for us to be street-smart.
Regardless of whether it is from colleagues or the people we meet daily we have to push away their advances and it's even better if we don't even set them thinking.
A common accessory for a girl to have is a ring. That is what I call the DND Ring. A guy will assume the girl's attached and will not try on her.
When I first started my job, I was still very naive... Not the smartest on the street (am still not, but much better than I was a year ago) but whenever colleagues (males and females) ask me if I've a boyfriend, I give a very firm yes, without even blinking. Life was trouble-free. About 4 months into my job, I thought maybe I was being too harsh and judgemental on my colleagues especially the guys. Maybe they aren't that bad. So I started to tell those who asked that I was single.
And that's when trouble was invited.
I had senior colleagues trying to matchmake me to their brothers/cousins, and the very worst of all - encounters with the Tryers.
After 2 months of enduring this, I've now gone back to being In A Relationship.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, you're working as almost every man's sexual fantasy, so, being street-smart is absolutely essential.
The plus point is, once you're done with this, you would have known every trick in the book. =P
p.s. Share with me the ones that work.
In response to your first sentece: No comments, man....
haha, I hope I learn fast! For my benefit and yours too.
Post a Comment