My housemate came back from one of her States flights late last year and gave me a tube of this. It helped her survive the brutal cold in New York.
I've never heard of Carmex before this so I wondered what it was. She said it's a very big product for chapped lips. Again, never heard of it.
I threw it into my makeup pouch and totally forgot about it until one day, when I was overseas, I found it in my makeup pouch and applied some on my lip. It didn't taste fantastic but I could immediately feel my lips soothed and smoothed.
The next day, I wanted my lips to feel fabulous again so again I applied a light coat. It was then that I read the tube saying that it's for dry, chapped lips. My lips were fine, not chapped. That was when I stopped using it like I would a lip balm.
Fast forward a few weeks, I had chapped lips at the corners of my mouth. It ALWAYS happens to me :( I applied it to the corners and it immediately soothed the discomfort. Within the day, it healed.
Works like a miracle :)
I don't think it costs very much - it can be found in drugstores and supermarkets in the US. I haven't actually checked if it can be found elsewhere but I believe you can find it in Singapore since Singapore's suppose to have everything right.
I've tried many other lip balms before and even my favourite from Clarins couldn't sooth cracked and dry lips like this particular Carmex product.
Cannot rave more about it - and now you have even more reasons to buy this product: According to its website, Carmex helps to soften cuticles, dries out pimples faster, smoothing elbows and knees and also is antiseptic.
I will recommend this product to everybody, just to keep on your dresser for emergencies and for the winters. Even more so because this product practically never expires.
3 comments:
I still like Vaseline better, Carmex doesn't exactly taste pretty! Haha. I guess cause its medicated.
The Vaseline in a jar???
That didn't work for me unfortunately....
Yes, I agree it tastes funky :p
Yes, the Vaseline in a jar! One of my favorite things in the world, it keeps my lips shiny and soft :D
Lol.
Post a Comment