Sunday, April 10, 2011

All is peaceful here


I'm in Narita now.
The sakuras are in bloom.
Two of my colleagues have gone to a nearby temple to take pictures of the sakura. Me? I'd love to go but I worry that in case something happens when I'm out, I can't come back to the hotel (LAPTOP IN THE ROOM!!!!!). This was what happened to our crew in Christchurch. They all went back to base without their cargo bags as it was not safe to re-enter the hotel after the major quake.

Secondly, I totally forgot it's sakura season, and have not brought long-sleeved tops and long pants. Instead, I brought a small dress which I know I wasn't going to wear. It was only on-board that the crew were talking about sakuras and that they want to go to a garden or a temple. Just to highlight, an advisory for the current radiation crisis in Japan is that one should always wear long-sleeved clothings and long pants for protection. Not only that, it's still very chilly outside and my little dress is not going to help prevent hypothermia.

I caught glimpses of the cherry blossom trees on the way to the hotel from the airport. So, so, pretty.... (and this is the first time I'm seeing cherry blossoms).

Anyway all is peaceful here. No tremors *knock on wood*. Every crew were given two bottles of drinking water at check-in - Crystal Geyser neh, that's water from America neh!!

Speaking of water, my previous post might seem like I was a bit kiasi with all the contingency plans but guess what, I have a colleague who brought three big bottles of drinking water from Singapore. Not to be outdone, another colleague brought FOUR. Let me remind you our stay here is only about 24 hours. >_<


I have less than a week to Berlin. And my German sucks! :(

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang