Well what do you know, I'm back in Frankfurt again. This time I refuse to be trapped in that airport for 9 hours. I have an errand to do here anyway (to change a pair of shoes) so it's good that I came out. I had two things in my itinerary anyway. One was to get the shoes changed and the other was to go to Main Tower's observation deck to have a bird's eye view of Frankfurt.
This whole Frankfurt thing was a very last minute decision. I had not planned to come out of the airport until Monday. Since internet connection was very limited where I was, I didn't so much reading up on the place. I just knew I had to go to Main Tower. I had no idea what Main Tower looked like. When I stepped out of the Hauptbanhof and scanned the skyline, I wondered which was Main Tower. As I walked to the boutique to get my shoes changed, I passed the entrance of Main Tower. That was just plain lucky. After I had my shoes exchanged I detoured and went back to Main Tower. Went up to the observation deck and still had no idea what the tower looked like. There were no pictures of the tower on the way to the deck and no picture either on the damn ticket. It was extremely frustrating!
I tried to look at opposite office towers hoping the glass facade will reflect back the Main Tower but no, none of the buildings reflected back what I had hoped to see :(
By the end of the whole thing I still had no idea what the tower looks like. As I walked further away, I could only make a guess. :(
Ps: Many men in power suits in Frankfurt (because I'm in the CBD) and FRA airport!! *swoon*
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment