Friday, April 27, 2012

I ♥ NY... NOT!

So the only polite people I met were in the Japanese grocery store. Yesterday was shit.
People here are rude! I have lost count of the times I held a door open for someone without getting a thanks back. Not a word of thank, not a nod, not any form of acknowledgement. In a western country, I'm appalled. This is the worst I've come across.

To make matters worse, I'm used to shopping in San Francisco, LA and Houston. Sales staff in those cities, ESPECIALLY the ones in San Fran, are extremely friendly and accommodating. They, like the ones in London, are always up for a chat about anything in the world with the customers.
In New York, I had a disgusting experience at Banana Republic where a woman behind me cut my queue and the cashier gladly assisted her. >:(

In other shops, there were no smiles from people behind the counters. They couldn't muster more than a week, "Hey how are you today..." vs. Californians' "Hey! How are you today? Did you find everything ok?" No smiles, and at another store, one lady took my things, pushed in the numbers while chatting with her friend at the next counter, put my things in a bag, took my money, continued talking, and pushed my bag to me. Didn't say thank you OK. I'm not being demanding but this is NOT the American shopping experience that I know.

As I depressingly dragged myself from shop to shop, I gave up after 4 hours. Gave up trying. Sales staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. Common people on the street were cold and rude. I mean in Singapore, I could get at least aThis place was making me depressed. I went back to the hotel before 4 and stayed in my room since. I have a whole morning to do my stuff in the city but no, I'm just gonna sit in my room and be online.

TAKE ME BACK TO SAN FRANCISCO!

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang