Friday, February 1, 2013

A smile costs nothing

A smile is the cheapest way to look good.

Unfortunately Singaporeans have no concept of this.

I don't know why it is sooooo hard for Singaporeans to smile at someone they have eye-contact with. Singaporeans and Californians are worlds apart in this aspect.
We (here I means Singaporeans and residents of Singapore) are almost always stone-faced in MRTs, or when we are rushing about from one place to another.

I guess being plagued with the challenges of living in Singapore, it is quite understandable to have no time being the friendly stranger.
(E.g. when one has to rush to 'chope' that table for lunch/dinner. *rolls eyes*)

However when you are leisurely shopping, is it so difficult to be nice to your fellow humans?

Today, I was at Chanel (to have a look at the 'Reissue'!) and I saw this girl and she saw me. I smiled at her but she just turned away with the "Yeah I know I look fucking great in my tweed jacket and Chanel accessories" look.

.......!!!!!

She could have looked so much prettier to me.

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang