Some time last year, I saw two designs of Where's Wally slippers at Havaianas in São Paulo. I was surprised to know it's actually that big...
How I came to know of Where's Wally was actually on one of my flights. It was a day flight and a mother who was traveling with her infant was trying to keep him occupied. She had with her a picture book where every page was full of things or people, and she would keep asking to baby to find to find this character - Wally - in a striped shirt.
I was so intrigued because there were beach scenes and park scenes that were PACKED; and the little boy of not more than a year old could understand his mum asking "Where's Wally? Can you find another Wally?" to diligently search for more Wallys.
That was my introduction to Where's Wally. I thought it was just a very special and clever book that the mum bought, and I made a mental note to buy that when I have my own child.
When I saw the Havaianas slippers, I googled only to find that actually this old man Wally has been around for decades. There's actually a series of Wally-hunting books in the market.
Interesting....
Maybe during your childhood your parents went through this Where's Wally game with you, but mine sure did not. My earliest memory of books were Peter and Jane books.
I wish children today still read books like that though. Peter and Jane, Ladybird series children's stories...

1 comments:
Post a Comment