The title of the post has nothing to do with the contents of the post. I just don't know what to name it.
Yesterday I had to attend a course that The Company has been carrying out on an almost daily basis for the last few months. We're rushed to do this before 1 April. Cabin crew [worldwide] who fail to attend the course are not allowed to fly into/out of US & Europe from 1st April.
The course had guidelines on how to enhance relations with passengers with reduced mobility and disability.
Long story short, we should treat them as normal.
If you ever tried to come on our flight pretending that you had a broken limb, you know we'd fuss over you. From the moment you step onboard, where you have at least 5 stewardesses waiting for you, to the moment when you disembark.
Turns out that not everybody likes to be treated like that...
So we had discussions and group presentations. There are 8 types of disabilities/impairment and I daresay I gained a lot of insight into the lives of these people.
Don't underestimate them. They do some things better than you and me...
We saw a few videos and I'd like to put them here on my blog if I can find them online. Unfortunately, I go to Shanghai tomorrow and the great firewall of China blocks access to Blogger so I will only have the chance to look up the videos after I'm back.
Meanwhile I have to wake up at 3 a.m. tomorrow so goodnight all.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment