Saturday, February 12, 2011

Mysterious man

So you know I have already flown one sector with The-Guy-Who-Badmouthed-Me.

I do not find him familiar at all.

He's from IT and I do not know a single person from IT. Which makes the next part creepier: he knows A LOT about me. Things which you need to know me/my friends to know, i.e. not information you can pluck out from Facebook.

I went into the briefing room and introduced myself casually to him.
He didn't show any sort of indication that he knows me. Throughout the briefing, I kept looking his way but he hardly looked my way.

Then I was assigned to work in Business Class with him. Now, by that time we had already known we were not doing the Cairo shuttle so I had a very slim chance of working with him - and yet things had to be such.
(Guess what? Tonight I'll be working with him again, as his side-kick. WTF.)

While we were in the galley, he VERY casually asked, "So are you Singaporean?"
Me: No, I'm Malaysian.
Him: Oh, from which part?
Me: Johor. Yourself?
Him: I'm Malaysian too. Born in M'cca but lived in KL for a while. Did you live in KL?
(WTF, notice how his questions are tailored. Very lame, and it shows you exactly how he wants the conversation to go)
Me: Yeah, I studied there for a while.
Him: Oh, where did you study?
Me: Monash.
Him: Oh! I studied there too.

NOBODY!!, NOBODY would ever ask, "Did you live in KL?" after you tell them you're from somewhere other than from KL.
And then he asked me sooooo many questions which told me he knew a lot about me, but he just wanted me to say it out loud.
Then it went on to who I was seeing in Uni (his question leading to this was, "Were you in the student council?" - again a question that would never have been asked under normal circumstances), and I shot him down, "What the hell, you already knew who it was so why did you ask?"
And he defended himself by saying that he just needed to be sure it was me. He said he's seen me around.

And then he went on to say things about my past relationship like he knew things about it. Things only my friends know. In fact, some things, I think not even my close friends know about. FREAKY MUCH?

He told me he found me very familiar when I walked into the briefing room (but you and I know he's lying). I told him I'm surprised he'd even find me familiar because I cut my hair after I left Uni and I look very different in my work make-up. He lied back and said, "No lah, can tell it's you lah..."

He kept telling me he's seen me around, but won't even specify where (at least tell me, "Oh I've seen you hang out at the foyer."). I told him I don't know where he might have seen me but I used to hang around at the computer labs a lot - and yet he didn't think that was one of the places he might have seen me.
I told him to be honest with me if he knew me because of some bad things but he said it isn't - then why did he tell my housemate otherwise right?

I tried to avoid being alone with him in the galley a few times because he was prying into my life way too much and bringing up the past too often....

As far as he cares to reveal, we only have 2 mutual friends (those two are flying and are from my faculty) and I don't think they'd even tell him much about me.

The consolation was that he was rather nice (and funny-ish) to me throughout the flight. In fact, disturbing me a lot to the point of being irritating.

I know he had a very misconstrued view of me. He told my housemate I was a party girl. This could not be more untrue. The only time I partied in Uni was when I was out with the student council gang just before they handed the office over to the incoming council.

I'm still very curious - with all the questions he had, was he reporting back to someone? Who told him all that he knows about me? Did I hurt one of his friends for him to tell all those lies about me to my housemate?

3 comments:

agape said...

fan club material!

elaine.tan 陈伟伶 said...

Hmm.. more like stalker material.

Please stay far far away from him. Also, next time catch him off guard by giving him answers he wouldn't expect.

Seems to me like his questions were just confirmation questions - so you should totally throw him off guard by giving him a totally random answer and watch his reaction.

agape said...

elaine you sound like sherlocks.. you should end it with.. it's elementary dear watson.. ;)

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang