Dear Nefertiti,
I'd like you to know that I had gone all the way down to the museum island to see your bust. In fact I must have walked AT LEAST 15 kilometers before I got to the display site of your famous head.
Unfortunately I was not the only one who wanted to see you. Among the five museums on Museum Insel (Museum Island) the Neues Museum had the longest, most impossible queue. And we know they queued just to see you.
I hope you know that I was close enough to you, just not near enough to see you in person. For now I will just find comfort in looking at your bust on Google Images.
Who knows if we will ever meet.
Tomorrow I will try my luck again, if time permits. Otherwise it's just not fated that we meet.
Have fun in Berlin. Many other relics from your time are not doing so well in Cairo.
Yours truly.
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
er.. bust?? the only Nefertiti i've seen is her head..??
The bust is the head!
English is just like that :p
oh.. my england very cha! ;)
Post a Comment