Saturday, August 6, 2011

Material things

In the last month, I have decided NOT to get the Lindy, and *drumroll* the watch.

It went up by 600 pounds overnight!
Can't justify the new price, so I decided to focus on my house instead.
Been diligently researching for doors and windows and designs. No contractors were free to meet me when I was in BP so I guess that gives me more time to read up and tweak on the design.

Am thinking of a glass-enclosed patio (if you know how big the mosquitoes are at my area, you'd know an open-air patio is just asking for it) but it could turn out to be a green house and eventually become useless.

Also managed to get a nice necklace at the jeweller's this morning. I got it at a very good price and it's all thanks to my mum's bargaining skills. For that price, it's almost impossible to get a necklace half that weight in Singapore I think.

I believe the money which could have gone to the watch is now well-spent. You can't go wrong investing money in a house that will only go up in value. You also almost can't go wrong with investing in gold, which has gone up about 3 folds since the war in Iraq started (if I remember correctly).

With age comes responsibilities, and that means putting your money where it ought to be.

sigh.

2 comments:

Dental Girl said...

Yes. SIGH.

Ruth said...

tell me bout it.

it's like everyone is so grown up with their mortgage loans, stocks, investments, unit trusts blablabla...

/snoreeeeeeee

T_T and i'm one of them! SHUCKS

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang