I still remember walking past a Burberry boutique and proclaiming to my colleague, "Emma Watson makes me want to buy everything Burberry."
Every billboard picture, every poster and every catalogue photo of her wearing anything Burberry make the clothing/accessories look good. Even if she were to wear those rainboots, she'd make them look cute too.
And now it seems that Burberry will be replacing her with Victoria's Secret model Rosie-Huntington Whiteley, who's also set to star in Transformers 3.
Sure she can make the lingerie look good but I doubt she'll be able to make the trench coats and some of Burberry's mediocre bags look as stunning as Emma did.
Burberry's not a 'sexy' brand, so why pick Rosie?
Leave her to Versace.
I don't know whose choice this is, but I doubt it was Christopher Bailey's idea to drop Emma since he thought very highly of her as the face of Burberry. Burberry sales surged during the past year when she became ambassador of the brand. Not too sure if it was because of her fronting the campaign or if it was because of Christopher Bailey's designing genius... we'll know in the year to come if the sales can hold up.
0 comments:
Post a Comment