Last night, heaven rained meteors.
Last night, too, my childhood friend's dad went back to his Father.
The first SMS that I received upon touching down in Singapore was from Anlynn. She gave me the news.
As I walked alone to clear immigration, I could feel tears welling up in my eyes and I kept trying to blink it away. What if my passenger catches me with tears in my eyes....
This is the first time I've had a very close friend of mine lose a parent...
Having known her for so long (19 years, to be exact) I've inevitably come to know her family too.
Her father was the most cheerful man you can meet. Who can remember him without a smile?
I cried until I couldn't breathe when my friend called me from Mississippi.
What was God's reason for taking him away at such a young age? Just when he graduated from school? Just after she left for the U.S.?
r.i.p. uncle david. you are in a better place now.
And Elaine, I promise to give Auntie Alice and your two sisters a big hug from you.
Mother Teresa once said: "Death is nothing else but going home to God, the bond of love will be unbroken for all eternity."
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
He is in a better place right now, in fact. Its the perfect place for him to be.
I'm not going to be asking WHY? because I'm not even sure if i'm going to understand and accept the reason willingly if God actually told me. So why ask rite? :) All i know, He's now by his Father's side and God knows BEST.
Cia reminded me that God loves dad more than we love dad. I guess I'm just selfish to want him to hold on longer when he was in soo much pain. :(
Thanks for passing along my hugs to my mom, cia and bean. :)
PS. I have so many virtual hugs but only a couple actual hugs! I need to make more friends here, :p
Love you!
During the memorial I kept thinking that he was up there, with many of his new friends, looking down on us and watching the memorial too.
There was a white butterfly (it's true!) that kept lingering around.
Hope u're coping well.
Will be away for the next 7 days. I'll talk to u online (FB/email) ok.
add me on skype (my gmail add) too, though i dont have skype on this lappy yet. I'll do so if you wanna skype.
Post a Comment