I just saw photos of an acquaintance's engagement ring to his girlfriend.
In the picture, the ring is on her finger already. The photos were zoomed so close you can see the pores on her fingers.
If I were to see it in person, I probably would need a magnifying glass to look for the diamond.
It's tiny!
I'm guessing it's 0.02 carat?? No kidding man.
That set me thinking - what if my boyfriend proposed to me with a 0.02c diamond ring?!
I'll be so crushed.
I'd probably tell him to try harder!
I know it's love, it's a lifetime of happiness together, it's yada yada yada.
But if you want the girl - SO FABULOUS that you want to make her your wife - to marry you, shouldn't you at least show her that she's worth a lot more than a point oh oh two carat diamond? I can't even round it up and if I were to round it down.... quite pathetic, no?
If you both were going to get into a typical husband and wife fight in future, you think she's gonna sit at one corner sulking and then look at that 0.02c ring and think, "He's actually worth it."?? That sounds very materialistic but when we're sad we need happy and beautiful things to cheer us up and diamond is the most beautiful thing in the world. If a diamond can't cheer the missus up, you definitely screwed up big time.
Monday, August 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment