Friday, August 27, 2010

One morning in Kowloon

Last night after touch-down, my set of crew met up for supper. Not all went because a few were too tired. By the time we arrived at this crew joint, it was 12.45 a.m. This particular place serves very good food and they know our crew comes in very late and they always stay open just for us.

One of those who did not go for supper was my chief steward.

After supper, the few of us decided that we should go for dim sum this morning so we agreed to meet at 11 a.m. As the chief steward did mention to me that he'd like to go for dim sum if we were going, I told the rest I will give him a call in the morning.

At 10.15 a.m. I gave him a wake up call. Nobody picked up. I assumed he was still asleep. Half an hour later, I called again.

Somebody answered, and I could tell he ran to the phone.

A: Hey B!! A here.
*pause*
B: Ya?
A: I called you earlier but you didn't answer.
*pause*
A: Were you out?
B: No I was making some tea. (with a slight British accent)
A: I'm sorry?
B: I was making some *TEA*.
A: (thinking that since he was trying to be British, I turned on my fake Bri'ish accent as well) Well, how about you forget your TEA, and join us for breakfast.
*long pause*
B: (laughing) Did you get the right room?
A: ... Are you B?
B: NO!!

-_________-|||

I was soooooooooooooooooo embarrassed I quickly dumped the stupid fake accent, apologized and wished him a nice day.
If he wasn't B, why didn't he say so at the start!!
No wonder he paused when I said I called him earlier. I guess he never left his room and hadn't heard the phone ring before that.

1 comments:

linta said...

HAHAHAHAHA GOLDDD

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang