Thursday, August 5, 2010

View from ground up



After being on ground duty for a week plus, I have come to realize that I don't actually mind being on ground.
The money is of course measly without all the overseas meal allowance... however I actually like waking up at regular hours every day. I feel less tired (maybe because my work isn't physical like it is up in the air) even though I sleep lesser hours.

I also haven't had the nightmare of travelling in the MRT with the rush-hour crowd because I have been conveniently taking cabs to work..... and back......


I've also noticed that I have tweety-bird hair now... you know, those few strands that you have growing on your head that is just anti-gravity. I have so many of those right now! At least 15-20 strands of short hair that just won't fall flat, i.e. good news - I'm growing hair! It's like a major growth-spurt for my hair in the last 2 weeks. I've also noticed a lot less hair fall judging from hair in the bathroom.
My hairdresser once told me that I need to sleep a lot and sleep regular hours to stop my hair fall problem and I guess his theory is right.
Or maybe he was telling me a fact.

The bad news is I hardly get to move about and there's too much food in the office.
I realize I haven't been walking 80km every day on ground so I try to take the stairs whenever I need to go up/down the building. My colleagues also hide a lot of snacks in their drawers and they like sharing them so that adds to the growing belly.
To make matters worse, since I started work on Wednesday, there have already been 3 functions where there will be buffet afterward.
Tomorrow is another such day, to celebrate National Day.
Just today, a lady who is in charge of all the flying crew's matters (disciplinary, MCs, weight, etc.) walked past my cubicle and saw a cookie in my hand and promptly shouted, "Watch that waistline!" -___- it was just a cookie!
Well I suppose all fat Americans once said, "It's just a cookie" too.

Tomorrow I will have to try on my uniform and see if it still fits. Otherwise I'll have plenty of running around Tasik Y to do.

My friends said this is good exposure to ground work and frankly speaking, not quite against it at the moment.
I'll know how much I miss (or not) flying when I go on flight this Tuesday.

2 comments:

elaine.tan 陈伟伶 said...

Heyy, it is just a cookie, ;)

soft baked ones are oh-so-delicious!

I miss you.

MinnieMoose said...

HEY babe.. miss u too. where's the phone number huh ? ;)

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang