Monday, October 11, 2010

BLAST

After a streak of losing expensive items, today I almost lost another.

I was hurrying along Champs-Elyssees when the wind blew my Burberry cashmere scarf away. And I didn't even realize it!

I was running on a very tight schedule (Google Maps told me I needed 49 minutes to get to my cousin's work place at Rue de Rivoli). An unexpected weekend flea market along the way caused a massive human traffic jam. I crossed to the opposite side and then I thought if Louis Vuitton is still open, I'll just pop in real fast and get my pouch.

It was a windy evening and doubling my step against the wind meant bad news. I was struggling with coiling my earphones away and then suddenly I heard a man in his 30s calling out to me. This was like 10 metres away from LV. He stretched his hand out to get my attention as I walked past him. I blatantly ignored him and continued walking because you know, thinking this is a tourist hotspot, he could be one of those trying to sell me bird seeds or friendship bands.
This poor guy continued shouting out to me, and then his friend also joined in. Soon after I heard a lady shouting from behind, "Madamme! Madamme!" I turned to look at the guy now and he pointed to somewhere on the ground further behind me. I turned around to see this lady running toward me with my scarf. I tell you I was so shocked - all I could think of at that time was "FML! FML! FML!!!!!" - and not so much of how I should be thankful to the men and that lady.

In that moment of confusion I went to tell the man who called out to me, "Grazie". WTF. I realized what I said and quickly corrected myself with a "Merci". The lady handed the scarf to me and all I wanted to do was quickly walk away. Somehow I didn't thank her... :( I DON'T KNOW WHY!

I think she must think I'm a thankless bitch. I saw her turn away quickly and walked off. As I triple stepped towards LV, I kept replaying the moment in my head - why didn't I thank that lady!! She RAN back to give the scarf to me. Imagine how gutted I'd be if I had really lost the scarf....

Anyway, I got to LV at 6.04 p.m. They closed at 6. *cracks knuckles*

3 comments:

Dental Girl said...

Sigh you poor thing!

Anlynn said...

do you want to read that book I was telling you about? Watch out for that scarf over the next few days!

MinnieMoose said...

Anlynn u noe how i almost lost the camera prior to REALLY losing it? i didn't dare to bring the scarf out today hahaha

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang