Thursday, September 8, 2011

Crap night, CRAP NIGHT!!!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHH.

MY BANK MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.
On the 19th of August they said they will start investigation on why my card was rejected.
TODAY, at 10 p.m., one fucking email comes from this idiot:

..."In order for us to identify the unsuccessful transaction, we would like to seek your corporation in furnishing the below information:
- date of transaction
- amount of transaction
- merchant name

In my head: Fuck you.

20 days after their first email they tell me they need this kinda BASIC information? They didn't even know which transaction they were hunting for and they told me they were going to start an "investigation". Looking for a pin in a haystack without ever seeing a pin in their lives before.
You tell me how can I not get mad? And honestly, banks ALWAYS have information on failed transactions, so how can they ask me which transaction I was referring to. Oh maybe, there were so many transactions that failed that they didn't know which I was talking about.

SERIOUSLY. Fuckers.
I swear someone's head will roll for this. I swear.

Next crap moment. Knowing one of my closest friend was in some kind of turmoil, where her life changed and yet... when it happened, I didn't even know.
Everything she had planned for, gone to smoke.
My heart felt so heavy hearing what she had gone through and I wish there was something I could do to help her.

Last crap moment. I went out with a friend. OK, I'm talking about Matthew. Readers, time to refresh your memory: the Monashian whom I had not known until this year, but was telling things about me (apparently) to my ex-housemate.... remember/remember? We met up with two of his friends, one of them who is a flight stewardess. Her name didn't ring a bell. I hid my identity too (she doesn't know I'm a colleague!).
What happened was, I asked if she is staying with other crew and she told me she is staying with her sister who is also a crew. This was when Matthew just said out her sister's name.
My jaw dropped. I couldn't carry on the conversation. I know I shouldn't have stopped so abruptly and I can only hope this girl did not notice it...
Because it struck me then who she was.

I can't seem to find it on the blog (I thought I blogged about it!!! Tell me if the story sounds familiar) so I will just tell it again.


I was on this flight to London, it must have been 2 years ago. I remember this flight so clearly because that was the one and only time I reprimanded a passenger. I was working on the left aisle in Business Class. There was this young male Caucasian passenger travelling with his Singaporean workmate. He was taking 20A and she took 19A (or thereabouts - they were definitely just a row apart). Every seat is in a compartment of its own so you had no real neighbours, so to speak. They were both pretty ordinary at the start of the flight. He was just regular, and she was polite. I saw him stand over his own compartment to talk to her a few times during the initial part of the flight.

During the lull period, they both ordered wines. He kept downing glass after glass whereas she had maybe one glass to last her a long time. Next thing I knew they were both seating at the same seat. He was at her place. The Business Class seat is spacious and can fit two comfortably. Initially they behaved OK, but as time went on it got more and more obvious that they were not as simple as workmates.

I went back to my colleague(s) and exclaimed that they are actually a couple. I remember a colleague saying, "What colleague. That girl looks like a mistress. This is adultery."
I soooo remember her saying that. I said cannot be lah, maybe they are dating or maybe he likes her and is taking the opportunity to flirt with her. And there my colleague insisted that that woman is definitely a 'mistress'. This guy would come to the galley every time to ask for a refill of wine instead of pressing the call button. To us, we found that helpful. Each time he came for a refill, he was also quick to chat with us.

During one of the refills, he came and apologized for asking for so many drinks. He noted though that he will not use the call button because his GIRLFRIEND is a cabin crew too so he understands what it is like. Then he mentioned she's a Malaysian girl who also works for SIA. And how crazy is he next, to give out her name. We didn't ask for her name. He just mentioned it to us. Not only he gave her name, he said her sister was also flying and gave out her sister's name too!!! I was feeling mad inside because there he was, behaving inappropriately with another woman while telling us his girlfriend is one of us?! He mentioned also that he was a Mancunian and this trip to London was a Business trip. For some reason I remember that information because I had initially thought he was taking this girl back to his home. But turned out that it wasn't. It was a business trip. A good time to hook up with this colleague of his. It was only halfway to London and that girl was already all over this guy.... One doesn't need to think what was going to happen in London.
My impression of this 'understanding' passenger changed on the spot.

Then turbulence hit and the seatbelt sign came on. I made a quick round to make sure all passengers had their seatbelts fastened. When I came to them (they were hugging it out), I told him to return to his seat but he refused. I said the seatbelt is not meant for two and that during turbulence, there is a chance of decompression. Only ONE mask will drop above each seat. He promised me he will give the mask to her (bullshit!) and he will save her. At this point, he hugged her very tightly (she was like half on his lap) to show he was 'protecting' her. I put my foot down, no more smile, and told him to return to his seat. He refused. I said if he did not return to his seat immediately, I would inform the Captain.
This is when he tried to be funny: He said, "Fuck the Captain. I'm sitting here."
I stared him down and asked him to repeat himself (if I want him arrested on ground that is exactly what I had to do - tell him to repeat the F word). The girl didn't want trouble so she quickly butted in and told him to go back to his own seat. He went back very reluctantly and went straight to sleep at his own seat.

He skipped his second meal and woke up only when we were about to land. I had no further contact with him, but I knew one thing for sure - he was an asshole.

I remembered the name this passenger mentioned - the name that is supposedly his girlfriend's. I went to Facebook to look her up. I did not find her initially so I went to this 'friend', whose name is "-insert The Company's abbrev.-" and many people added this 'friend' for some reason... I did too. I know many crew are friends with "The Company" so I looked up the surname (you see, that nutcase actually gave us her fullname). There were a few people with that surname - then I spotted the name of this girl's sister. And from her sister's Friends list, I found this girl. 

I remember contemplating for a long time - to let her know or not, to let her know or not, to let her know or not. I know it sounds crazy because it was totally none of my business, but we don't want to see a girl get cheated on by her bastard boyfriend right? How devastated the girl will be! In the end, not wanting to appear creepy, I did not do it.

SO anyway, at tonight's dinner, my face changed and my mind drifted off to the above-mentioned episode. I pulled out my phone and texted Matthew. Asked if her boyfriend is a Brit...
He texted me back and said, "Ex-boyfriend. Left her at the altar."
Shit.
Shit.
Shit.
After she left, I told Matt I know who her boyfriend was. I couldn't say too much because there was a third person there, who still didn't know I was a crew. I couldn't tell Matt exactly how I know this Brit was already cheating on the girl, but I am certain I got the person right. I asked Matt if this Brit is a Mancunian. Matt couldn't remember but later managed to confirm with this girl that yes, indeed the Brit is from Manchester.

I can't believe it. He left her at the altar. That was last year in April.
If I had told her.... she had no reason not to believe me if I had messaged her. I didn't know her why would I lie to her. I was a crew on the flight (as she would have been able to check) and she would know her ex-boyfriend was on that flight to work, of course I'll know what I saw. I had no reason to lie about it.
If I had told her, she wouldn't have been ditched just like that.

It really troubles me. The whole journey back from the city to my room, I couldn't stop thinking how small the world is, what an asshole that guy is, and how close I was to giving her a clue that her ex was cheating on her.


And so that's how crappy my night is. This world needs to be a better place...

2 comments:

WSL said...

I felt like i was reading a movie script :p what happened was too dramatic...there was no need to regret though...there would be endless and useless "what ifs" if you were to look back and think of all the possibilities which might turn out differently...you took decision that you thought was best at that time...she should have known better too not to date an expat...let alone Caucasian expats...on a different note, i think there were too many coincidences in your life :p life needs to be more exciting you said...apart from this one i think it already is ;)

MinnieMoose said...

Well I guess it's hard to find good guys nowadays. I don't know what you mean by "not to date an expat... let alone Caucasian expats". Is a Caucasian expat more likely to cheat than an Asian expat?
The thing is, in recent months, I have come across many married Chinese men who have cheated and are on the verge of cheating again....
the problem here lies with the subject being a MAN.

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang