Sunday, September 18, 2011

The one outside Maybank

A friend from Hong Kong was visiting my hometown before he returns home for good. A few of my high school mates also came back to show him around.
We were all moving about town in a white Perodua Kenari.
So today, with some time to spare and having too much cash in my handbag, I told my driving friend to send me to Maybank to deposit money.

I was looking around the machine for a damn slot for my ATM card, and I couldn't find one. Embarrassed, I went to the car and SOS-ed my friends. Two girls came down, feeling a bit ridiculous.
We took quite some time depositing the money.

Coming out of the bank, I believe all three of us had a moment of selective vision attention.
I saw one Kenari parked right outside the bank entrance, so did the other two girls.
Walking to one side of the car, I saw my two friends walk further away from me and I just assumed they were walking to the other side of the car.

At the same time I was folding the envelope that had the cash and putting it away in my bag.

When I reached the car, I opened the door but the door was locked. I looked at the driver and it was a man wearing white. I was thinking, "WTH why is the HK fella taking over the wheel!"
I looked closer and.... Malay driver with a kid in the car... OMG. WRONG CAR.

And it turned out that one of my friends ALSO tried to open the other door of the wrong car WTF!
So only one girl got to the right car. So with the two cars parked side by side, three girls walked into three different sides and two tried to open the wrong car doors.
-________-
The driver in the other car was obviously laughing his head off too.


Later we found out that we all saw only one white Kenari. Strangely even for the girl who opened the right car door, she didn't see the other white Kenari parked right next to ours.

I guess we can file this into one of those chapters of scientific studies.



0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang