I went to the city today because I had to check out this bag at a boutique. It's been on my mind for far too long and I ought to have a decision by now.
So surprise #1 was when I arrived at the Tampines MRT station, I saw the new mall beside it all ready. It's big (I'm sure it's bigger than Tampines Mall) and only waiting for the tenants to move in. The last time I saw it, it was merely cemented - no tiles whatsoever!
Surprise #2, some 3 minutes later, as I walked into the station. Being on the green line, I have Pasir Ris at one end, and Boon Lay at the other. I was so puzzled when I saw the board for the next train arrival for Pasir Ris and Joo Koon instead of Boon Lay. That was when I really thought, where have I been? Did Boon Lay change its name? I realised later that SMRT had added 2 new stations and so the first station from the East is Joo Koon, and no longer Boon Lay.
I arrived at Orchard Road at 1.10 p.m. It was a disappointing trip to the bag boutique because I saw the wear-and-tear of the bag that I want so much. That bag has been on the display shelf for 2 years and the corners had discoloured and the leather strap cracked. :\ I mean for that much money, I really expected that bag to last much longer. As I left the lady in the boutique asked if I wanted to take a look at the other bags but I really was in no mood to do so. *sigh* What should I do? Should I still buy it?
Next, I went down to the boutique which has my little white summer dress (the $180 one) and to my surprise #3 (or rather, to my horror) only Size Gargantuan was left!!! How can this be? :(
So I walked out of the boutique and then (surprise #4) saw that Ted Baker was there no more :((( All the nice tops, GONE. Pfffft.
It's like, I've only been away for such a short while and a new mall's all ready to start ops, two new MRT stations have been added to the green line, Ted Baker's gone bust and only size XXXXXL of that white dress is left. Wth?
With much disappointment I ended my little trip at 1.50 p.m. with a box of premium chocolates to console myself. It must be the shortest trip ever to Orchard Road.
______________________________________
TWO MORE DAYS to Kon's entry!
0 comments:
Post a Comment