Kon flew off to India (Mumbai and then to Pune) last week. Somehow I couldn't tell him enough to prepare him for the culture-shock... but I guess he knows better and has taken it well.
Something else that I warned him about: Being there for so long, the thoughts in his head will grow an Indian accent....
I remember when I was in Ahmedabad for 5 days, I started to think with an Indian accent, even though verbally I was still ok. And funnily enough, the Thoughts in my head also started to grow heads and shook as they told me things.
o.m.g. I kid you not.
I cannot be sure if I started to shake my head when I spoke towards the end of my stay but it took some time for the Indian accent to be kicked outta my head.
You gotta make that Indian trip to know it.
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahahahaha... i can so attest to that wei.
admittedly, this is hardly the most comfy trip i've made, but i'm still glad to be here. a really eye-opening experience.
i like it most when you look at strangers, and shake your head side to side, the reciprocrate the gesture. damn hilarious.
you know, i'm probably acting more Indian than some of my Indian friends *head shakes side to side*
im so lmao! - 3rd paragraph hahaha...
i wonder what they think of us when we do it. do they find it insulting or maybe they don't even notice it...
Neither. They acknowledge you!
Post a Comment