Warning: Long story to prove a small point.
I just saw an old uni friend online on MSN. He's always there I'm sure but I've just never noticed him until tonight and then it made me want to blog about this.
We haven't spoken to each other since 200..... 5? He dropped out of uni in year 2 and then came back (and dropped out again) but it was all weird so the last real contact we had was in year 2.
Anyways, his girlfriend (I will assume they are still together even after so many years because I cannot curse other people's relationships, it's bad karma) is about 2 years my junior maybe and is supposedly hot but extremely proud. She had just entered college and then stopped when she joined my country's national airline as a flight stewardess.
For I don't know what stupid reason, this guy loves to brag about his girlfriend to me. He was quite close to me at one point (until someone asked if there was something going on) but he'll somehow manage brag about his bratty girlfriend and tell me how hot she is, how long the queue of men who want her has become, how there are rich passengers who want to be her sugar daddy, how she loves to buy branded stuff, etc. Basically, to tell me that she is very good and better than any other girls -but please note that that is in his context, because he is a very shallow and materialistic guy. He liked to show to me how rich he was. Never mind, I was still very accomodating when I was in Year 2 because I still hadn't found my close bunch of friends. I would so hang up on him if he tried to pull that on me now.
So this guy will sometimes take the girl to uni to show her off but I've somehow managed to miss her everytime. He takes her to the computer lab, where my friends and other guys will see her. The guys will ogle at her and the girls will admire her(?). What I have heard from my friends though are that even though this guy is talking to his friends (also mine) in her presence, she'll treat them all as invisible. No hellos, no goodbyes, no smile, no acknowledgement. Hello, these are your boyfriends' friends!! Also the same people who lend your lazy boyfriend notes and reports so that he can take you out shopping!!
My impression of her wasn't very good already. Then sometimes also he'll come crying to me about how they've been fighting because he thinks she might cheat on him, being in the airline industry........ Well, she loves money, I wouldn't be surprised!
So one day I asked him how come she didn't try for this current airline that I'm with. I remember him telling me that she tried but she couldn't get in so in the meantime she'll just settle for her current employer.
Walao, now I just feel like telling him "Hey look where I am now... and read my face! Pttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhh." Exactly where your girlfriend cannot be.
I can still remember him telling me when she finally bought her first LV.
Please lor, considering that people in that airline have to fly domestic for 1-2 years (plus salary in RM), she probably had to starve 3 months before being able to afford that bag. And since she's stick thin, I wouldn't be surprised that she did indeed starve for that bag. With my one month pay now I can buy for her that same 3 bags without having to starve, babi if I were childish enough then I might just message him now and tell him that.
Yah I'm fatter and uglier and shorter but I'm also friendlier and more tolerable and know how to wayang in front of passengers so no wonder my company didn't hire her bluek!
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Someone I know?
Post a Comment