Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Goodbye, Brisbane

That's it, no more Brisbane for me (and a majority of the airline's crew).

The trip to Brisbane two days ago was the last for me. When my plane left the apron at the Brisbane International Airport at 9.50 a.m. yesterday, a new Airbus 330-300 took its place and there was a launch event somewhere else in the airport for our new aircraft. The A330-300 has now officially taken over the flights for Brisbane. The next Australian cities to be taken over are Perth and then Adelaide... I'm not trained for A330! :(((((( I'm gonna miss Brissie and Perth so much. No more meet ups Chek Fong, Preston and most importantly Timothy! One Brisbane airport groundstaff pushing a trolley of boxes passed our gate where we were waiting yesterday and said a big goodbye to us - the last triple7 crew to operate out of Brisbane. So sad.

So you Brisbane and Perth travellers, you gonna be travelling on spanking new aircrafts! :p You finally get to travel on our new Economy class seats long after your Sydney and Melbourne peers, who already have been using our B777-300ER and just for Sydney, the A380 (hint to those of you who want to try the new seats, now you know how to book your flights) for such a long time now.
But I also heard the A330 is smaller and hence not so much room. I'll await your verdicts.
The airline should really stop buying more aircrafts that I cannot operate... like another new A380 which is taking over Paris flights in June, BOO!

To get my toiletries now I have to get to Sydney and Melbourne ... and you all know how it just doesn't happen to me, I don't know why! I see people rostered for Melbourne every other month. Don't know if it's a blessing or not actually. Sydney and Melbourne flights are infamous. My first and last Sydney flight was just as the others have told me i.e. you walk all the way to Sydney and back. Legendary!


See you Brissie guys in SG/KL!

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang