Saturday, March 14, 2009

Malaysian media - a new low

I think I wanna be a locksmith after I quit my current job. I paid one $40 to open my door in under a minute (yah, I locked myself out of my bedroom wtf). Damn fast money.

Anyway the point of this post is this:

KUALA LUMPUR: A photograph, posted on a gutteruncensored.com showing a man with a woman in a compromising position, is not that of Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Nazri Aziz as claimed by the foreign blog.

One of the other photographs is, however, that of Nazri, who is shown sitting on a couch at Parliament lobby.

The owner of the blog claimed that the photographs were sent by a contributor several months ago.

Nazri declined to comment when contacted but people familiar with the politician said it was not him.


THIS is the report in today's The Star newspaper.
First of all, finally, someone caught this idiot. Being one of the bigger morons in politics together with his crony Khir Toyo, Nazri never had anything smart to say. Can't say I haven't been waiting for this moment to come.

Secondly, for the first time in my life, I read such a report in a newspaper. No quote from sources, nothing to proof, nothing. It's as though The Star is trying to defend this bugger so badly yet with nothing to proof, the best that it can do is say, "yah the man in the lobby is Nazri and the man with the girl is NOT Nazri, are you stupid or what can't you see the features on the face are the same you stupid Netizens stupid enough to trust the Gutteruncensored!"
I'm sure those of us who have done English in college have been nagged a million times by our tutors about the importance of writing something with proof, basis and citing your sources. This journalist clearly forgot that or didn't have much formal education. At the same time, the editor was sleeping.

I first heard of Gutteruncensored not so long before because one blog that I read had linked photos of a randy nurse in Penang to this blog.
Now I'm not encouraging you to visit porn on the internet but I think the website is worth a visit for the time being - just so you see the photos for yourself and also hear what the owner of the blog has to say. Apparently since he posted up those pictures, Google has shut down his website several times, including deleting his Gmail account and others which are owned by Google. And this blog has been publishing photos of celebrities in the worst light for ages!
I don't know what the chances are of Malaysia feeding Google with money but I think Google is stupid for doing such a thing for a small country like Malaysia. Being threatened by the Chinese government, I can be a little bit more understanding but doing this for a palm-oil and milo-tin-producing country?? Google just can't help falling into the trap of being the bad boy of the block now, can it?

And I didn't even hear anything about this news until today when The Star made this tiny tiny report, many days after the photos were posted. When Eli Wong's photos first came to public, the whole country made a fuss and the politicians on BN's side were racing and punching each other in the face just to be the first to say something about her morals. Her photos were apparently already widely circulated from one mobile phone to another and it was as though the entire country had seen it but I have not even seen the photos until now. A week after the news broke, I asked my friends in KL if they had seen the photos and they hadn't too.
As for these photos supposedly of Nazri's, they are already posted on the WWW and .... *silence.. did you hear that cricket sing?*

A certain someone's DVD was also circulating for merely a few days and he bravely came forward to say, "Yes it's me."
Eli Wong's photos were out just for a day or two and also she admitted it was her, albeit a much more teary affair this time.

So why is our media so dead silent on this one, even coming up with such a lame report to say it's not him? At least force an answer out of him!

I don't care if it was an imposter in the photo, I'm just utterly disgusted by Malaysian media.

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang