Friday, April 3, 2009

Post 101

In my 101st post :) I would like to talk about my lipbalm!

When I was in training for my job, I had extremely dry lips. That was because I had to use a lipliner to not just line my lips but to also fill the lips and then over it I was made to use a very bright red Lancome lip colour. My lips were already pretty dry even without putting it through the torture of lipliners. I remember having tried all sorts of lipbalms from The Body Shop in the past, and they were all a waste of good money.

I've tried many lipbalms from the pharmacy too and they all were not good enough. A few were too mild and others just did nothing.

Since I started flying, you have to understand why everything I use has to be extremely hydrating. The cabin environment is very dry because we blast the aircond so cold to make you comfortable and sleep (so that you don't disturb us). Honestly, the cabin air is so dry that I have flyaway hair because of the static and I've become so accustomed to the zaps when I touch anything and everything. I've been zapped touching a melamine cup, it is that dry. The thick makeup that I have to slab on my face for every flight also does not help things. Due to the dry cabin air we can only use liquid foundations (any others will cause the makeup on the face to crack...) but we still cannot run from using powder to set the makeup, so that causes dryness too. And our lipstick has to have very strong staying power, and no lipstick which is wet and glossy will ever stay long (I'm currently using Russian Red from M.A.C. which stays on strong). Hence the lipsticks we use are very drying and of course don't forget the rogue lipliner that we use under the lipstick.

So think of how my poor lips have suffered. It doesn't help also when when we arrive into cold and dry climates, and that we stay in hotels which don't ever turn the air-conditioning off. I have washed my uniform in the hotel before and it dried overnight! - cold air, no sun, all that!

Ok I think I have convinced you enough of what my lips go through.
Hence let me introduce to you the best lip balm I've ever used!....

ta-da!!!

Clarins' Moisture Replenishing Lip Balm.

It tastes awful and smells worse. It is like wiping antiseptic on the lips. But then again I know of people who like the smell of antiseptic ^o)
To be truthful, I hated it the first time I used it. I couldn't get used to the smell. It followed me like a plague - but then what could I do because my lips are a permanent fixture on my face :\
I didn't want to wipe it away because from the first use I could already feel it doing its work so I was half-hating my own lips for giving out that smell. I was also paranoid of people beside me being able to smell it too. Eventually, I got used to the smell and it no longer bothers me.
I think Anlynn once commented on the smell when I was applying it in the car, so I really think people who are near enough can smell it.

I always have problems with chapped corners on my mouth (ya I know I lack vitamins) and this one works wonderfully for that. I don't know if you've used lipbalms which, after a few hours, dries up and you can peel it away from your lips piece by piece? I don't know if it's the balm you're peeling away or not but it always feels like it's my lip skin that I'm peeling away. I mean if that balm was so good how come I've dry skin to peel away? I've never had this problem with this Clarins lipbalm. Instead the lips always feels soft and supple after wiping the balm away. Nowadays I use it on top on my lipstick lightly, just for protection's sake.

It retails at $35, maybe double the price of regular lipbalms but this one does it's work so it's value for money. It lasts a long time too because you cannot apply too much or it'll just feel extremely heavy on the lips.

(p/s: I can get it for you cheaper at DFS if you want, $27 if I remember correctly)

0 comments:

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang