Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Sunny Islands

I'm sorry.
I was disappointed.
Maybe I expected too much.
Maybe it's like when you board XXX airlines (you know, the one I work for) and then you expect first class treatment but you also forget that your boarding pass is green in colour and there are 292 others waiting to be served too.
Expectations not met = disappointment.

And that's how I felt about Maldives :(:( I'm sorrrrry, I might be bursting some of your honeymoon bubbles here.... But I'm very sure it's just me and not the country.... So do continue keep your Maldivian honeymoon hopes alive.
I've figured out some of the reasons and I'm sure Maldives is still a kick-ass place - it's just not mind-blowing to me. For now.

There are a few good photos which I've to get from my colleagues so in the meantime I shall let you in on a little bit of what I did there...

Can you guess what I did in Male?
A clue: the many red spots on my dress are blood stains...

When we met the crew who were taking over the aircraft for MLE-SIN, I was shocked to see more than half the crew baked, with tan lines. Tan lines are not allowed with this company. But the crew were saying it was scorching hot there and they were all baked in just under an hour. Imagine that :S

It was VERY HOT & HUMID in Male. By the time we walked from the tarmac (small airport, no aerobridge) into the terminal and then passed the immigration, we felt so very sticky. We were greeted at the airport by the hotel staff who took us to our resort island by a speed boat. ;) Beats the boring bus rides in all the other countries...

We were all dying in the boat because it was enclosed and the aircond wasn't strong and it was just hot and humid.
It was pretty late already when we arrived at Bandos Island (I hear it's half-owned by a Singaporean) but a few colleagues and the tech crew (a.k.a. pilots) still managed to grab a drink at the bar... while they drank their Heinekens, I had a chocolate milk shake *shy*.

The rooms we got weren't spectacular. Resort-style, what do you expect? Of course we don't get the villas with the Jacuzzis. My room was just simple. And everytime I stepped into the bathroom (cz there's no airconditioning there) I want to run out and forget about having to pee. Because in the room it's cold, but the bathroom is hot and humid!!

The next day....





More photos and stories to come!!

Off to sleep :)

2 comments:

John Lee said...

:)
Its Okay Angie,
I am sure you will find your paradise where you want to spend your honey moon there.

Maybe the Maldives hotel we stay in wasn't exactly what you looking for. haha

There are so many islands out there~ :D

LA is hot too.

MinnieMoose said...

hope so :D

LA's hot already?? It's still -1 in moscow!
enjoy urself in LA!

p/s: we have a malay housemate. before you think it's a guy i brought home, let me tell u first it's a girl....

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang