Saturday, April 18, 2009

Singapore Zoo


Chin Shi's company had a company trip to the zoo and I unabashedly gatecrashed the party :P
Anyways it's not like I didn't have to pay for the ticket - I had to pay full price (whereas they didn't because they bought group tickets weeks ago)!
Actually I just wanted to see the polar bear...

It was crowded, VERY HOT and at times smelly. It was so hot the animals were very lethargic :(

I wonder which one of these mauled the mad man?


Sexy new FHM model.... (the above pic, not the one below, you fools)

Chin Shi and I outside the African-themed place with weird African animals... One of which is this, the red ass baboon... and don't you think its face is so humanlike :S

I know you men like to see some asses... so here's one for you.

I only saw white-coloured peafowl. Very beautiful!!! When the peacock opened it's tail feathers, everyone cheered so loudly. The peacock did it as though upon signal ok (though being the male bimbo of birds, I wonder if it's really that intelligent)...
I didn't see a single green peacock... and I think I know why.
A few days ago there was this dress that was presented at a wedding expo in Nanjing, and it looks suspiciously familiar.



And let me present to you my favourite new animal :)))) The sea lion!
It's so intelligent and so playful :)

I hate spiders, but for the benefit of you readers who might be interested, here are random spider shots...


We went to see the crocodiles. Holy cow they are MASSIVE.
I think it can take half of me with one snap. :( So I moved away to somewhere a little less dangerous... where snakes play.

This wasn't very small too...



Feeling a little bit vulnerable, we felt like we needed to eat something rather than wonder how many kinds of animals can eat us. So we headed to KFC for lunch...


Customary shot :p

I really disliked the butterfly area. I'm not a big fan of these things, which are quite stupid because they fly into people.

Told you it's not afraid of humans. I was so close to it and yet it didn't fly away. There were ugly sloths there too, hanging from its feet. I should read up on their blood circulation system...

I'm sorry but I really think God had a bad day when he created you.

I was so excited when we came to almost the end of the walk... cz that's where the polar bears are ;)
I had told everyone that will be the highlight of the trip and to my biggest disappointment this was all I got:

T__T
There are two bears in the photo, if you can see another who's partially blocked by a rock. I walked over to another side without the glass and started shouting at one of the bears (Inuka). It couldn't be bothered with me and just went on with his afternoon snooze. WTH.
It was so freaking hot so we gave up waiting for them to wake up and moved on...

We spent an entire day there, like 9 a.m. till 4 p.m.? That gives you an idea of how much time to allocate for a visit to this zoo if you ever feel like it.
This is us!

Later I realized that I had become a lamp-post on this trip.... Chin Shi was my only friend there so I was with her almost the entire time. And I think that didn't go down too well with a someone who got her a white stuffed polar bear. Hehehe.

To wrap up the entry, this is me with Singapore's Tourism Ambassador, Ah Meng versionBronze.


Note: The lions are u.g.l.y. They were all napping and there were 3 lionesses and one lion. The lion's fur was so bare I could see all that veins under its skin. It just looks so unhealthy to be able to see the veins like this. The mane was so flat and ugly - as one of Chin Shi's friend commented, he needs to change his hairdresser. The lionesses fur coats lacked the healthy shine. Honestly, they looked pityful. Really nothing like those that I saw in Jo'burg which were beautiful. I remember the lioness had fur that was shiny and thick and looked so soft.

5 comments:

mayne said...

i like your shoes :)

chingiez said...

tell me...is he the one in red?

shing said...

where are the pictures of polar bears?? :(

MinnieMoose said...

mayne: thank u! they're from kappa :)

chingiez: Nope :P

ng: they were sleeping like pigs! i was waiting for them to swim but they wouldn't move even though i kept shouting their names.

chingiez said...

ooohhh i noe which one liao lol

 

View From The Top Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang