So while they showered, us 3 girls quickly washed our stinky hands and headed down to the beach.
Down down down...
Then it was time to EAT!! We were so excited, wondering how the fish would be prepared... When it came out, we were like ............. -_-'''
But anyway, it was still a lot of fish. Some were really tasty, although we all agreed it's such a waste to fry tuna!
In the end, we couldn't even finish half of all that fish. I think there were 2 tuna fish left, and the other fish had another side each that was untouched. Wasn't that wasteful...But it was so much, because the fish were really big. Since that day, I haven't had any fish hahaha. I bet neither have those colleagues of mine.
Honestly I cannot wait to go back to Male. I must do it justice the second time round.
I know why I didn't find it more fascinating than it should. Firstly because I didn't see the beauty of it under waters. Secondly, I probably wasn't in one of the nicer islands...
Check this out. I was in Bandos Island, on the Male atoll. Maldives has 19 atolls, and I cannot imagine just how many gorgeous islands Maldives must have.
Can you spot Bandos Island, just a little north-west of the airport? We saw a few islands also when we went fishing... and little did I know that what I saw was just a tiny dust-speck of Maldives.... What you see in this map is just the Male atoll.

Male has 19 atolls..... So there are 19 similarly clustered islands. HOLY MOLY! You see that Male atoll in the map below? And then imagine the tiny Bandos island somewhere there....
There must be a few thousand islands here, and there must be really breath-taking ones. It's so unfortunate that we only have a day's stay there, so we can't venture anywhere much further.

Would love to rent a light aircraft and then maybe just fly around this atoll. I think that will be awesome. Waiting for the monsoon season to kick in for longer stays in Male (cz then it won't be daily flights to Male).... though I don't know what to do if it really pours... Hmm.
That's all of my short Male trip!!
Hope to be back soon :))
2 comments:
all your pictures are so pretty, i like the jumping shot! :)
thanks mayne :)
Post a Comment